Caring For Your Shave Brush
Outside of a regular cleaning, there are some additional things you can do to properly care for your shave brush. This will ensure not only longevity for your brush, but a consistently great lather. After all, nothing says you are an adult quite like owning a shaving brush.
LET IT DRY NATURALLY
When you’ve washed off all of the product from the shaving brush and shaken out any excess water, let the bristles air dry by hanging the shaving brush upside down. This will let any moisture and water drip out, away from the handle. A stand is key for this!
Avoid damaging the brush follicles by wringing or twisting bristles by hand. Instead, hold the brush under warm water, letting it work its magic by running through the bristles.
CLEAN IT REGULARLY
Regularly cleaning your brush will ensure it continues to perform at the optimum level - giving you great lathers to help protect and moisturize your skin.
A FEW DO'S AND DON'TS:
- Never use water hotter than what you can endure for 10 seconds.
- Your brush does not need to be sterilized; shaving soap is soap after all.
- Clean the knot thoroughly by plunging the brush in clean water, until the water runs clear. This will remove excess soap.
- Dry the brush in open air – DO NOT store a damp brush.
- Allow your brush to completely dry before using again.
- Soap and other minerals will eventually build up on your brush, a soak in a 50/50 vinegar solution for 30 seconds will remove most of these deposits.
- DO NOT pull the bristles. When squeezing excess water out, simply squeeze the knot, do not pull the bristles.